Job Reference : RUFF – CODE – 8080
Ruffian Games is looking for an experienced, hands-on IT Manager to work in a fast moving and dynamic game development studio. If you’re looking to be continually challenged in a rewarding, fast paced, technological environment then please apply.
- Manage, maintain and monitor critical infrastructure systems
- Manage the deployment, configuration and support of all IT infrastructure
- Work closely with other departments to identify and proactively fill their IT requirements
- Manage the hardware and software inventories
- Maintain and support all PC hardware as necessary
- Facilitate all IT (hardware and software) needs in a timely manner
- Balance priority needs of the Studio with available financial resources
- Reporting to a Lead Engineer you will be working with a talented team of designers, artists and animators in Unreal Engine 4.
- Degree level education or prior hands-on IT management experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience deploying, configuring and managing all current Microsoft Server and Desktop Operating Systems
- Experience working within the game development industry
- Experience and ability to complete tasks under tight time and fiscal constraints
- Knowledge and experience administrating version control systems such as Perforce
- Experience managing hardware and software vendor relationships
- Knowledge and experience of configuration management and deployment tools
- Understanding and familiarity with Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Exchange
- Knowledge and experience managing an Active Directory based environment
- Knowledge and experience configuring basic networking and network equipment
- Experience with multiple backup software tools and utilities
- Understanding and experience with multiple VPN and firewall software
- Knowledge and experience with Powershell
- Understanding and familiarity with Adobe and Autodesk products.
- Understanding of Game development engines (UnReal / Unity)
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience within a multi-platform environment
- Strong analytic, systematic and troubleshooting skills
- A desire to work with key Studio Management to monitor, assess, and proactively deal with ever-changing needs
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical company personnel
- Ability to keep a clear sense of priorities
- Strong client service ethic and natural problem solving abilities
- An ability to seek and pursue meaningful solutions to developing and ongoing challenges
We prefer submissions by email with links to any work samples you have available or attached with your application email.
Send your CV quoting the correct job reference to our HR Department.
If you are unable to email your CV or you want to include work samples that are too large for email then please mail your submission to:
Unit 1 Vision Building
Scotland DD1 4QB
I’m afraid we only accept applications from individuals and do not accept unsolicited correspondence from recruitment agencies.
We will get back to you within 7 days of receipt of your email.