Job Reference : RUFF – CODE – R4000
Ruffian Games is looking for a Senior Engineer with generalised experience in action games to work on a multiplayer title being developed for Xbox One in Unreal Engine 4.
The successful candidate will be required to lead a small team and will be responsible for the design and implementation of gameplay and general systems in an existing AAA game codebase.
The successful candidate will work closely with both the project lead and systems engineers who are responsible for integration of the title with backend services and dedicated servers which are expected of a current generation multiplayer title.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the candidate will join an established team, most of whom are senior industry veterans, and ideally be the type of person who thrives when working within a creative, experienced and highly talented team.
- Responsible for delivering general systems and gameplay code according to design and technical requirements
- Leading a small group of experienced engineers to implement wider project goals
- Working closely with systems engineers, project lead and technical director to effectively communicate design and integrate with existing systems.
- A good degree in computer science, mathematics, equivalent degree or equivalent track record in game development
Essential Skills / Experience
- Has designed and implemented or otherwise been instrumental in shipping a title with significant action and multiplayer requirements
- Is a senior engineer (3 years plus)
- Fluent in modern C++, VC14 preferable (3 years plus)
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Preferably has shipped a console product
- Has experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Has worked on a first party project with one of the console vendors
- Has worked with large, legacy code bases
- Has applicable current generation console experience
- Has experience with the Azure platform or similar cloud computing platform
- Understanding of Xbox Live and/or UWP
Ideally this would be an in house appointment at our Dundee office. That said we are open to discussing off-site working and something we would be able to offer to the right candidate. We work off-site with key members of our team who are able to demonstrate that they are motivated self-starters able to organize their time and attention effectively.
How To Apply
We prefer submissions by email with links to any work samples/portfolios you have available or attached with your application email.
Send your CV quoting the correct job reference to our HR Department.
If you are unable to email your CV or you want to include work samples that are too large for email then please mail your submission to:
Unit 1 Vision Building
Scotland DD1 4QB
I’m afraid we only accept applications from individuals and do not accept unsolicited correspondence from recruitment agencies.
We will get back to you within 7 days of receipt of your email.